Illinois must remove barriers that create inequality and eliminate violence against women by:
- Requiring the IDOC to establish gender responsive, trauma-informed, evidence- based and family-centered practices, policies & programs throughout all women’s correctional facilities
- Informing the public that charging women and men different prices for the same services is against the law under the Illinois Human Rights Act
- Strengthening the Illinois Equal Pay Act to target systemic discrimination
- See the fact sheet and learn more here.
- Supporting the full funding of state programs that protect a woman’s health, safety and economic security