Skip to content
Women’s Health Care: Illinois must protect and improve access to affordable women’s health care, including:
- safeguarding and ensuring access to legal and safe abortion; guaranteeing health care coverage for women’s preventive health services
- requiring free and accessible feminine hygiene products in public schools, shelters and correctional facilities.
Economic Security: Illinois must improve women’s ability to achieve success, including:
- securing paid sick time and paid Family Medical Leave for working families so that women can take care of themselves and their children
- raising the minimum wage to a sustainable standard that will help to support Illinois workers and families for years to come.
Justice: Illinois must remove barriers that create inequality and eliminate violence against women by:
- informing the public that charging women and men different prices for the same services is against the law under the Illinois Human Rights Act
- strengthening the Illinois Equal Pay Act to target systemic discrimination
- banning discrimination on the grounds of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, or disability in health programs or activities, including insurance coverage
- supporting the full funding of state programs that protect a woman’s health, safety and economic security.